NELEN Mission and Purpose:
The New England Local Energy Network exists to serve its member organizations by facilitating transference of knowledge, skills, experiences, successes and challenges. NELEN Members look for opportunities to support each other’s work, to make member groups more effective, to increase NELEN’s collective voice, and to create a more just and sustainable future.
- Communities (including municipalities, schools, energy committees/groups) are empowered and have the capacity to address local energy challenges and opportunities, and significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- NELEN members work collaboratively and share information, coordinate clearly and effectively.
- NELEN members build, over time, a vibrant effective network to uphold this vision.
- NELEN is a collaborative force for a just and sustainable future in our region, fostering prosperity for all while at the same time reducing our impact on the environment by
- Reducing energy use
- Mitigating & adapting to climate change
- Increasing public support for carbon emissions reduction
- Increase access to local energy jobs and local energy resources
NELEN Long Term Goals:
- Strengthen existing energy/climate networks and local groups.
- Develop a strategy for maximizing the impact of the work we do through cooperative action.
- NELEN becomes a source for effective, cutting-edge wisdom, best practices and resources for the larger climate & energy solutions community
- NELEN collaboratively collects and organizes data that enables us
- to communicate effective local energy strategies;
- and better refine respective members’ programs and methodologies to create a more just and sustainable